5 THINGS ABOUT LEADERSHIP MY 25-YEAR-OLD SELF NEVER WOULD HAVE BELIEVED

CareyNieuwhof.com | 4/10/2015 | Staff
eymira (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://careynieuwhof.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/shutterstock_100487740.jpg

Oh to know then what you know now.

It never works that way, though, does it?

Weekend - Birthday - One - Day - Years

This past weekend, I celebrated a birthday. It was a good one. I spent much of the day being grateful, but it also made me realize how much I’ve learned over the years both about leadership and about life.

So much of what I now understand and see as true, I didn’t when I was 25. And had I known then what I know now, I could have saved myself quite a bit of frustration and heartache.

Sherlock - Holmes - Event

As Sherlock Holmes once said, it is easy to be wise after the event.

So, in the hopes of helping other leaders be wise beforehand, here are eight truths I didn’t know then that I most definitely know now.

Law - Age - Years - Church - Everybody

Although I was still in law at age 25, within a few years I would head into seminary and then ministry…and I just assumed that our church would be able to impact everybody.

You may have had a similar thought if you’re in business. Who’s your customer? Everybody. After all, your idea is going to change the world.

Organization - Facebook - America - % - Population

Guess what? That’s not true for an organization as ubiquitous as Facebook. Even in America, only 68% of the population is on Facebook. Instagram? Just 35%.

So if platforms as big as Instagram only have 35% adoption, why would you think you would be any different?

Leader - People - Approach - Mind

As a young leader, I was miffed when people said no or walked away, and I thought if I changed my approach, they’d see the light and change their mind.

Nope. But it’s worse than that.

Exercise - Futile - Leaders - Things - People

Not only is the exercise futile, leaders that try to be all things to all people often end up being nothing to no one and lose their effectiveness in the process.

Here’s what I now know: some people are going to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CareyNieuwhof.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A slice out of infinity