CRUISE SHIP LIMPS BACK INTO PORT AFTER EVACUATING HUNDREDS OF PASSENGERS FROM NIGHTMARE RIDE

The Daily Caller | 3/24/2019 | Staff
cv2angels (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/VikingSky-e1553459915209.jpg

A luxury cruise ship is safely back in a Norwegian port after 24 hours of engine problems and rough seas forced the evacuation of hundreds of passengers.

The Viking Sky lost engine power and became crippled in rough waters Saturday, forcing it to weigh anchor just 300 feet from jagged rocks to conduct airlift rescue operations in the Norwegian Sea, according to the Associated Press.

Media - Posts - Boat - Side - Foot

Social media posts show the boat destabilized, rocking side to side in 20-30 foot waters as furniture and objects careened into frightened passengers.

Minnesota native Rodney Horgan, 62, told the AP that he watched six feet of water rush onto the ship and thought “‘This is it,’ I grabbed my wife but I couldn’t hold on. And she was thrown across the room. And then she got thrown back again by the wave coming back.” Horgan and his wife were eventually airlifted from the boat.

Ship - Power - Saturday - Afternoon - Distress

The ship lost power on Saturday afternoon and sent out a distress call. It drifted for...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Settled law: one party can't change a contract. Now if the Government, citizens and the Consstitution...