Exclusive: Ben Affleck on ‘Triple Frontier’, His Next Directing Gig, and Working with David Fincher

Collider | 3/24/2019 | Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub
Click For Photo: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/triple-frontier-ben-affleck.jpg

If you watch a lot of Netflix films, you may have noticed the original movies they’ve been producing have been getting a lot better. This trend continues with director J.C. Chandor’s Triple Frontier. Loaded with some fantastic actors – Ben Affleck, Oscar Isaac, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, and Pedro Pascal – the action-thriller, written by Chandor and Mark Boal (The Hurt Locker, Zero Dark Thirty), centers on a group of former Special Forces operatives that decide to steal a South American drug lord’s money. However, while you’ve seen a ton of movies about a group of people that decide to do a big heist, what’s refreshing about Triple Frontier is most of the film takes place after they’ve done the job. Trust me; if you have Netflix, you absolutely want to check this movie out. For more on Triple Frontier, you can read Vinnie Mancuso’s review or watch the trailer.

Shortly after seeing the film, I was able to conduct my first extended interview with Ben Affleck. As a longtime fan of both his acting and directing, getting to conduct in an in-depth conversation was extremely cool. Since I knew I had some real time with him, I started off with a few fun questions like his extra work with Matt Damon in Field of Dreams, having Dunkin Donuts back in Los Angeles (we’re both from New England where Dunkin Donuts is everywhere), and the New England Patriots recent Super Bowl winning season.

Course - Movies

Of course we also talked about movies.

During that portion of the interview, Affleck talked about making Triple Frontier and the various challenges of filming in the hot and humid jungle, what he took away from working with David Fincher, if he’ll be in Kevin Smith’s Jay and Silent Bob Reboot, how he picks a project, when he’ll be directing...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!