God Works Through the Weak

Desiring God | 3/22/2019 | Steven Lee
jenn1020 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://dg.imgix.net/god-works-through-the-weak-rjbs8fbi-en/landscape/god-works-through-the-weak-rjbs8fbi-2f0b09b9adfdc3d046ca087a53eb9115.jpg?ts=1552585324&ixlib=rails-3.0.2&auto=format,compress&fit=min&w=800&h=450

“You want me to do what?” It was all I could muster. For some reason, I didn’t immediately say no.

Being asked to speak at my college fellowship group felt like being asked to fill in for Billy Graham at one of his crusades. The mere thought made my palms sweat. The butterflies in my stomach turned to a flock of flapping birds. I was not public-speaking material. I was timid up front. I was shy and awkward before others. I didn’t aspire to stand up and address even small gatherings, much less large crowds.

Weeks - Group - Peers - Prayer - God

Nonetheless, weeks later I found myself standing up, sharing with a group of my peers about prayer. God didn’t remove my inadequacies or my feelings of weakness. Instead, he began to work in my weakness.

How should you respond to your feelings of inadequacy? Maybe you just don’t believe that God can use someone like you. You’re from a dysfunctional family. You have too much baggage from your past. You’re a minority in a majority-led world. You’re too brash, too shy, too fearful, or too afraid to try.

Platform - Followers - Endorsements - Letters - Name

Perhaps you’re not enough. You don’t think clearly enough. You don’t speak well enough. You don’t know enough. You’re not smart enough. You don’t have the platform, followers, endorsements, letters behind your name, or degrees on your wall. You sin too much. You doubt God’s willingness to use someone so weak. You’re ill-equipped for the task. What do you do?

Consider our old friend Moses. Although he was raised as royalty in the world’s most powerful and prosperous nation, he murdered a man and fled the consequences of his actions. He had been hiding out in the Midian protection program for forty years, thinking he had escaped his checkered past.

God - Plans - Burning - Bush

But God had other plans. Out of a burning bush that wasn’t burning...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Desiring God
Wake Up To Breaking News!
2KXVI
Tagged: