Your Business Is God’s Business (Why Your Work Matters to God)

www.christianpost.com | 3/23/2019 | Staff
echolea (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/04/230469.jpg

I’ve been asked many times throughout my career if I am a pastor. And since I am not an ordained pastor, I respond in the negative. But I am a minister. And for that matter, so are you. Because your business is God’s business.

What you do for a living matters to God. While God wants some of us to become pastors, He does not want all of His kids to become pastors. He wants some of us to be involved in the business world. By serving Him in business, we can be ministers of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:18-20) to those we work with, those we work for, and those who work for us.

God - Work - Others - Him - Work

God wants you to do your work so that others see Him in your work. You do that best when you conduct yourself as a person of integrity. God wants you to do the right thing even if no one is there to check up on you. He wants you to use, what Proverbs 16:11 (NIV) calls, “honest scales.”

Based on Proverbs 16:11, here are three reasons why “honest scales” are important in God’s business.

People - Goods - Services - Money - Transactions

When people exchange goods and services for money, the transactions are built upon a relationship based on trust. People need to know there will be a fair exchange in order to want to do business with each other. Otherwise the relationship foundation breaks down, and no transactions take place.

In biblical times, people used weights and scales to determine how much something was worth. Today, in a grocery store when we weigh produce, we assume that the scales are accurate. If one doesn’t work, then most likely there will be another that is functional. But a merchant in biblical times would have his own set of weights and measures, and he might have “honest scales” or...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Appeasement - when you're what's for dinner!
Tagged: