‘Godzilla: King of the Monsters’: O’Shea Jackson Jr. on Why He’s a Lifelong Godzilla Fan

Collider | 3/23/2019 | Matt Goldberg
Click For Photo: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/godzilla-2-image-11.png

In August 2017, a group of fellow journalists and I went to the Atlanta set of Godzilla: King of the Monsters. The upcoming sequel has a well-funded Monarch going up against a villain who wants to use the kaiju as living atomic weapons, and humanity must once again rely on Godzilla to save us from other monsters.

During our visit, we got a chance to talk to O’Shea Jackson Jr., who plays one of the soldiers of G-Force, a unit tasked with assisting Monarch in their endeavors. During our conversation, we talked about his character, how he got involved with the movie, why he’s a lifelong Godzilla fan, monsters he wished had showed up in the sequel, if he would ever do his character’s job for real, and more.

Interview - Click - Links - Set - Visit

Check out the interview below, and click on the respective links for our set visit report and interviews with director Michael Dougherty and star Kyle Chander.

So tell us a bit about your character.

O'SHEA - JACKSON - JR - Soldier - Crew

O’SHEA JACKSON JR.: He’s, how do you say it, the more experienced soldier of the crew. He’s the leader and kind of the old timer, but it’s just more about my ranking. I’m the highest-ranking officer and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!