An Admonition from Chuck Colson: You Are A Symbol of Hope

Click For Photo: https://www-images.christianitytoday.com/images/90024.jpg?w=1200

In 1988, the Charles W. Colson Scholarship was established by a generous friend of the Institute for Prison Ministries (IPM) at the Billy Graham Center and named in honor of Chuck Colson. Since its introduction, dozens of students have received scholarships to attend Wheaton College’s undergraduate and graduate school, or the correctional ministries credential program. The Scholarship provides former prisoners with a college education and life formation program that develops them as Christian leaders.

In 2006, Colson shared a message with our scholars. I’ve pulled that out of the archives as a power admonition and reminder to all of us. And if you know of a formerly incarcerated individual looking to pursue his or her education, you can learn more about the Colson Scholarship here.

Get - Updates - Exchange - Inbox

Get weekly updates from The Exchange delivered to your inbox.

Hi. I'm Chuck Colson. I'm glad to have this opportunity by way of this video to bring a message to all of you who are Colson Scholars at Wheaton. It's a great honor that you have been chosen to have this scholarship at one of the great institutions in America. I might just tell you a little bit of background on how the Colson Scholarship came to be.

Years - Couple - Friends - Mine - Board

Many years ago, a couple of friends of mine who were on the board here at Prison Fellowship got together and decided it would be a wonderful thing if they set up a scholarship fund just for ex-offenders to come to the premier Christian institution, Wheaton. And so they started this fund and it was unnamed. They came to me and asked if I would let my name be used with it and I said no, because I really was against this idea of Christian celebrities having things named for them. What it does is to exalt man instead of exalting...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Exchange | A Blog by Ed Stetzer
Wake Up To Breaking News!