Michael Bloomberg bashes 'Beto or whatever his name is' over apologies

Mail Online | 3/23/2019 | David Martosko, U.s. Political Editor For Dailymail.com
jesse456 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/22/17/11333652-0-image-a-31_1553274358182.jpg

Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg mocked former Texas Rep. Beto O'Rourke on Thursday for embarking on a quest to get his political positions in sync with Democratic primary voters.

'Beto — whatever his name is — he's apologized for being born,' Bloomberg said during a Bermuda Executive Forum in New York City.

'I

'I don't mean to be unkind,' he added.

O'Rourke did apologize for telling a Vanity Fair reporter: 'I'm just born to be in it' — a line widely interpreted as a boast that he was born to work in the Oval Office.

Man - Reporters - Iowa - Sword - Hours

'I was like, "Man, I hope I didn't say that," he told reporters in Iowa as he fell on his sword just hours after the magazine's release. 'And somebody read the article for me, and I think the context of that which makes sense and is the way that I feel, is that I'm born to serve, I'm born to try to help bring people together.'

Following reports that he had written a first-person story about gleefully killing two children with his car, O'Rourke said he was 'mortified to read it now, incredibly embarrassed. But I have to take ownership of my words.'

And...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!