Former college lecturer behind cancel Brexit petition threatened to shoot Theresa May

Mail Online | 3/23/2019 | Joseph Laws For Mailonline;MailOnline Reporter
rubydrummer (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/22/18/11336404-0-image-a-8_1553279595841.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/03/22/3663026689265416594/1024x576_MP4_3663026689265416594.mp4

The woman behind a three-million strong petition to revoke Article 50 reportedly made a Facebook comment in which she threatened to shoot the Prime Minister.

Former college lecturer Margaret Anne Georgiadou made a viral petition backed by a host of celebrities, MPs and members of the public who want a second referendum.

Facebook - Posts - Blogger - Guido - Fawkes

In Facebook posts unearthed by blogger Guido Fawkes, she reportedly wrote online: 'If i got hold of her 'gun' I'd shoot her [Theresa May] point blank in the name of patriotism'.

Ms Georgiadou spoke on LBC radio this afternoon, saying how she fed the petition by approaching 'notable' celebrities on Twitter for endorsements.

Petition - Physicist - Brian - Cox - Actress

The petition has also been backed by physicist Brian Cox, actress Jennifer Saunders, singer Annie Lennox, actors Eddie Marsan and Andy Serkis and author AC Grayling.

She told an LBC radio show this afternoon: 'The government ignored us, they didn't have any discussion with Remainers.

Referendum - Majority - Majority - Majority - Minority

'With a referendum, this is what happens because it's not very democratic, it's majoritarian, the majority wins, it's ruled by the majority for the majority - sod the minority.

'Whereas true democracy includes everybody's opinion in society.'

Rate - Record - People - Support - Time

With the highest sign-up rate on record, more than two million people had pledged their support by the time Mrs May fielded questions in Brussels last night.

The petition on the Parliament website quickly gained support in the wake of the PM's speech on Wednesday night and Revoke Article 50 started to trend on Twitter.

Petition - Hugh - Grant - Link - Online

After signing the petition, Hugh Grant shared a link online and wrote: 'I've signed. And it looks like every sane person in the country is signing too. National emergency. Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU.'

Professor Cox said: 'I've signed this petition to revoke A50 and deal with the consequences afterwards - referendum, election, whatever.

'I - Idea - Things

'I have no idea whether these things do...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!