What Might God Do While You Wait?

Desiring God | 3/22/2019 | Adrien Segal
Click For Photo: https://dg.imgix.net/what-might-god-do-while-you-wait-9wy6flui-en/landscape/what-might-god-do-while-you-wait-9wy6flui-27d1114e67c62753ec1472f99c9f6fb0.jpg?ts=1552942235&ixlib=rails-3.0.2&auto=format,compress&fit=min&w=800&h=450

How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?

How long will you hide your face from me?

David - Chord - Desperation - God - Wait

Does David strike a chord with you as he cries out in desperation? Is God permitting an agonizing wait for answers to your most urgent and heartfelt prayers?

Perhaps it’s physical healing you or a loved one most needs, or a child or family member who has unrepentantly turned from God. Maybe you have been waiting and longing for years for a spouse, or for the gift of children, or for a transformation of your marriage, or maybe simply for a job to support your family. Perhaps you have been in a spiritual desert such a long time you have begun to doubt God exists at all.

Involves - Agony - Course - College - Longs

Not all waiting involves such agony, of course. A college applicant longs for a letter of acceptance. Children can’t wait for summer break. In Minnesota, during the seemingly unending winter months, we seriously long for spring. These longings are different, though, because we know an answer will come. When David prayed, he could not be sure if or when or in what way God would answer, and most of us face life issues equally serious and uncertain.

Most of the years of my life have been pockmarked with struggles and heartaches that were simply beyond my power to change.

Relatives - Illnesses - Mental-health - Issues - Ones

Close relatives who have faced life-threatening illnesses or some serious, persistent mental-health issues. Loved ones passing from this life inexplicably resistant to the promise of hope in the gospel. Agonizing, in some cases unending, challenges in the lives of my children for which I am helpless to provide solutions and must simply remain on my knees, crying out with David, “How long, O Lord?”

It may be tempting to believe God is cruel, or simply does not hear us when we pray. After...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Desiring God
Wake Up To Breaking News!