‘Parks and Recreation’ Cast Talks Possibility of a Revival at 10th Anniversary Reunion

Variety | 3/22/2019 | Jordan Moreau
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/03/amy.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

For one night, Hollywood felt a little like Pawnee.

The cast of NBC’s hit comedy “Parks and Recreation” reunited at PaleyFest on Thursday in honor of the show’s 10th anniversary. The whole Pawnee gang showed up: Amy Poehler, Chris Pratt, Aubrey Plaza, Nick Offerman, Aziz Ansari, Rob Lowe, Adam Scott, Rashida Jones, Retta, and Jim O’Heir reminisced about their characters on the show and shared behind-the-scenes secrets in front of a sold-out Dolby Theatre.

Era - Classic - Shows - Will - Grace

In an era where classic shows are constantly being rebooted, like “Will & Grace”; eagerly awaited to be revived, like “The Office”; or turned into a movie spinoff, like “Deadwood,” the cast said they’re frequently asked about returning to “Parks and Rec.”

“I think that in the world we live in now, nothing is ever gone. I felt the show had an argument to make, and the argument was about teamwork and friendship. I don’t feel like we left anything on the table,” co-creator Michael Schur said. “I would never ever say never. The chance to do it again, should it arise, would be incredible, but we would only do it if we all felt like there was something compelling us to do it. If one single person said no, we wouldn’t do it.”

Night - Poehler - Series - Schur - Word

Earlier in the night, Poehler said she’s ready to return to the series as soon as Schur gives the word.

“Mike Schur is currently working on about five shows,” Poehler told Variety on the red carpet. “Whenever Mike is ready, I’ll put on my suit again for sure.”

Offerman - Running - Schur - Idea - Revival

Offerman also said “we’d all come running” if Schur “came up with an original, new idea” for a revival.

During the panel, moderated by comedian and self-proclaimed “Parks and Rec” fanboy Patton Oswalt, Schur and the cast revealed how closely the characters were based on the actors’ actual personalities.

“We all got...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!