Colin Farrell talks about giving up drink and taking a Hollywood hiatus for family

Mail Online | 3/22/2019 | Becky Freeth for MailOnline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/22/12/11321958-0-image-a-5_1553258567049.jpg

He took time off from acting to spend time with his sons - but Colin Farrell says they were the ones sending him packing again.

The Hollywood actor joked about his eight months at home with nine-year-old Henry and 15-year-old James but admitted it was 'hard to keep up' with his boys.

Colin - Sobriety - Guests - Danny - DeVito

Colin, 42, also spoke about his sobriety as he joined guests including Danny DeVito on this week's The Jonathan Ross Show.

The actor stated: 'I had a little look at [a drink] at one stage, but it was made patently obvious to me that I probably should stay off it.'

'Do - Someone

He added: 'Do you know what, every now and then I meet someone I would love to get drunk with.

Pointing to Danny DeVito beside him, he added: 'I would love to get drunk with him. Great fun wouldn't it?'

Year - Colin - Arizona - Rehabilitation - Centre

It's almost been a year since Colin checked into an Arizona rehabilitation centre as a 'preemptive measure' to maintain his sobriety last April.

He had given up drugs and alcohol 13 years previous, saying he 'could never find the handbrake'.

Time - Spotlight - Colin - Action - Remake

And after some time away from the spotlight, Colin returns in the live action remake of Dumbo, alongside DeVito.

Talking about his recent break Colin revealed: 'I took eight or nine months off. It was nice to be home with the lads.

Road - Months - Shoots - Hollywood - Films

I'd travelled so much I ended up being on the road for six or seven months. Nothing shoots in Hollywood, they don't make films there anymore really.'

On how he spent his movie hiatus, Colin said: 'I try to keep up with them two fellas. I go to work for a rest. They're...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!