12 More “Reflections” From Church Spies

ChurchLeaders | 3/20/2019 | Staff
max1max1 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/3.21churchspy.jpg

Some years ago, I wrote a post called “8 Confessions of Church Spies” based on the work of our church consulting company, The Lawless Group. With this post, I want to add some specific comments from more recent “spies.” Maybe they will lead you to consider your own church’s situation.

“We couldn’t tell where the front door was.” The problem was that the church had many doors, and none looked like a main entrance.

Church - Building - Excellence - Standard

“It was clear the church cares about their building.” It was clean, neat and well-cared for. Excellence was the standard.

“The congregation enjoys worshiping together.” You can usually tell when that’s the case—just as you can usually tell when they don’t care much about worship.

Person - Way - Sanctuary - Case - Spy

“One person came out of her way to greet me in the sanctuary.” In this case, the spy was already seated in the worship center—but the church had greeters stationed there to greet anyone they didn’t know.

“The location wasn’t the easiest to find.” Let me put it this way: If it weren’t for GPS, our spy isn’t sure he would have easily found the building.

Church - Preaching

“We would consider going back to this church for the preaching.” It was clear, biblical...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Goverment, no matter how big, is always a big problem.