Is It Too Early to Declare Lizzo and Missy Elliott's "Tempo" the Song of the Summer?

POPSUGAR Entertainment | 3/20/2019 | Kelsey Garcia
Click For Photo: https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/5aggNl-26MzAwTh9VqEiNu0EnOA/fit-in/1200x630/filters:format_auto-!!-:strip_icc-!!-:fill-!white!-/2019/03/20/899/n/1922283/4966b3c05c92a40f11f9b3.68970107_.jpg

View this post on Instagram

There’s a lot of promo shit the label™️ wanted me to post today but I’d rather share these intimate moments and an even more intimate story. 2 years ago I met my hero. I played her my music, she threw beats at me as I freestyled. It was fun and life changing—10 years ago if you told me I’d rap w/ Missy Elliott, I’d think that was impossible...so we took selfies because I thought I’d never see her again. I never posted these pictures because they were just for me.. a secret I held close to my heart. But also... deep down inside I knew one day we’d have something even more special than a selfie. Today is that day. Missy, you are the inspiration of my entire career. When you dropped music videos (🗣give her the vanguard award 🤬 @mtv @vmas !!!!!) or SHUT DOWN award shows I felt SEEN. More importantly I felt REPRESENTED. You made this chubby, weird, black girl believe that ANYTHING was possible. And now we have a BANGER together 😩— till this day you continue to inspire me to make my dreams come true. Now go fuck it up to the #TEMPO and STREAM OUR SONG!!!! 🔥🎸 Love You @missymisdemeanorelliott 💋

A post shared by Lizzo (@lizzobeeating) on

"I'm a thick b*tch, I need tempo," Lizzo warns in her latest contagiously confident song, "Tempo." The follow-up to her hugely popular "Juice" also features Missy Elliott in what Lizzo described as a full-circle moment in an emotional Instagram post featuring a selfie of the two artists taken long before they formally decided to collaborate.

Lizzo explained she met Missy two years ago, and was able to show her some of her music. Lizzo said she took the selfie with Missy assuming she wouldn't get a chance to meet her again. "But also . ....
(Excerpt) Read more at: POPSUGAR Entertainment
Wake Up To Breaking News!