'Momela' Kamala Does Kimmel: 'We Have a Very Modern Family'

CNS News | 3/20/2019 | Staff
kringkring (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/kamala-ethan_miller.jpg

(CNSNews.com) - Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), now a presidential contender, told Jimmy Kimmel Tuesday night how to pronounce her name and what her stepchildren call her.

"We have a huge, very modern family," she told him.

People - Name - Kimmel - Senator

"Are people learning how to pronounce your first name?" Kimmel asked the senator.

"It helps when I tell them that it's, like, 'comma,' like a punctuation mark, and then add a 'la,'" Harris replied.

Comma-la - Mom-ela - Kimmel - Harris - Mother

"I think of comma-la and my mom-ela," Kimmel joked, telling Harris that she looks like his mother.

"That's what our kids call me," Harris told Kimmel. "We don't use the term in our family, 'stepmother.' I think that Disney messed that up for everybody. But they are technically my stepchildren. But they are my children. And they call me Momela. And we have a very modern family. My husband's ex-wife, the kids' mother, and her mother came to our house for Thanksgiving...And we have a huge, very modern family. It's really great, actually."

Harris - Kimmel - President

Harris told Kimmel she is enjoying running for president and she fully intends to win.

On substantive issues, she said she is "open to the discussion" about abolishing the electoral college, something Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) endorsed at a CNN town hall Monday night.

Question - Vote - Terms - Decision - President

"I mean, there's no question that the popular vote has been diminished in terms of making the final decision about who's the president of the United States, and we need to deal with that, so I'm open to the discussion," Harris said.

Kimmel asked Harris how her policies differ from the many other Democrats also running for president.

Distinctions - Background - Leader

I think one of the distinctions, I have the background of having been a leader. And I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!
If the Government could just stop...
Tagged: