This Is Us Recap: The Snuggle Is Real

TVLine | 3/19/2019 | Kimberly Roots
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2019/03/this-is-us-photos-season-3-episode-16-b.jpg?w=630

Need to catch up? Check out the previous This Is Us recap here.

Kate and Toby finally get to hold their prematurely born son in this week’s This Is Us, but they might want to cover the little guy’s ears: The yelling that’s soon to come from Randall and Beth’s house in New Jersey probably will be audible clear across the country.

Tess - Annie - Deja - Parents - Hour

As Tess, Annie and Deja’s parents learn in the hour, it turns out that you need more than a heavily filled-in whiteboard schedule in order to make the Pearsons’ new normal work. And when Randall makes his unvarnished opinion of Beth’s new job known? All we can say is: The show better not cheat us out of seeing the rest of the fight that starts in the final moments of this week’s episode.

Read on for the highlights of “Don’t Take My Sunshine Away.”

TOBY - DADS - UP - | - Days

TOBY DADS UP | Two days after little Jack’s birth, Randall and Beth are in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit to say goodbye to their newest nephew. (He’s not dying. They’re just heading back to the East Coast. That’s a morbid, but I think necessary, clarification to make.) Kate is rather upbeat, singing “You Are My Sunshine” to her son. But Toby still looks positively stricken, and when a nurse comes to take routine blood and urine samples from the baby, Papa Damon cannot bear to watch.

In the waiting room, he laments his fate to another preemie dad, who stuns Toby when he mentions that he and his wife have been hanging out at the NICU for six weeks, hoping their daughter can survive complications from being born with a hole in her heart. And they don’t even have it as bad as some other parents, whose child likely will die without ever leaving the hospital.

With his...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: