Christian journalist to be interrogated by police for 'misgendering' activist's transgender child

www.christianpost.com | 3/19/2019 | Staff
AnnieFoxx (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://static-thechristianpost.netdna-ssl.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/03/230399.png

A Catholic journalist in England is being told by police that she might have committed a criminal offense because she "misgendered" someone and will soon be interrogated under caution.

The authorities contacted Caroline Farrow, who writes for the U.K.-based Catholic Herald, after a September appearance on “Good Morning Britain” where she debated Susie Green, who heads the transgender advocacy group Mermaids.

Interview - Farrow - Position - Spaces - Children

During the interview Farrow argued the position that single-sex spaces in children's schools and in other places of public accommodation should be maintained and noted, among other things, that females do not have penises.

What prompted the police action, however, was that Farrow allegedly referred to Green’s child, who is now called "Jackie," a biological male who underwent a surgical procedure in Thailand several years ago to remove his genitals, with incorrect pronouns on Twitter.

Police - 'Good - Britain - Susie - Green

"I do not know what I am supposed to have done but the police told me that 'you appeared on 'Good Morning Britain' with Susie Green and made some tweets misgendering her daughter,'" Farrow said in an interview with The Christian Post Tuesday.

"I have to go and be interviewed under caution, a taped interview where I will be shown offending tweets which supposedly constitute the offence of Malicious Communications. If you look up the offence you’ll see that I am not in breech. I haven’t threatened or said anything that I know to be untrue or is indecent or grossly offensive."

Farrow - Action

Farrow could not recall precisely what she said that was supposedly so awful about Green to warrant police action.

"I think I may have said something about her taking her son abroad for surgery. Which is true. She did. But I guess she is baulking about him being called a son. But at what point did he become a daughter? Because surely at the point she took him to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!