Fox Remembered: Guillermo del Toro, Paul Feig, Steve Levitan and More on Studio’s Legacy

Variety | 3/19/2019 | Brent Lang
Zorra (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/03/20th-century-fox-studio-1962.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

It’s the end of an era. On March 20, the Walt Disney Co. will complete its $71.2 billion acquisition of key assets in Rupert Murdoch’s media empire. That marks the final drumbeat for the historic 20th Century Fox as one of Hollywood’s six major studios, as brands such as FX, Fox Searchlight and NatGeo are folded into the Magic Kingdom. To memorialize the passing of a giant in the media space, Variety spoke with the filmmakers and executives responsible for some of Fox’s most memorable movies and shows.

Director, “The Shape of Water”

Years - Film - Attention - Time - Division

“Over more than 25 years since my first film, ‘Cronos,’ began attracting attention, I cannot remember a time that I was not involved with some division of 20th Century Fox.

My good friend Jim Cameron, who has had his own share of successes at Fox, was the first person to recommend me to the studio.

Screenplay - Legend - **** - House - Fox

“When I developed a screenplay based on ‘The Legend of **** House’ at Fox, the young creative executive giving notes on the project was a very tall Englishman named Peter Rice. It’s safe to say that Peter, too, has thrived at Fox and remains a loyal friend and ally.

“My first two actual productions at the studio were ‘The Book of Life’ with Fox Animation and four seasons of ‘The Strain’ with John Landgraf and his wonderful team at FX.

Prelude - Movie - Shape - Water - Fox

“All of this was a prelude to my own most cherished movie, ‘The Shape of Water’ with Fox Searchlight. From my first meeting with Claudia Lewis and David Greenbaum in 2016 through the release of the film, the process was as pure a joy as moviemaking can be.

“The degree of support from Nancy Utley and Steve Gilula — and from Stacey Snider at the top of the studio — was unparalleled in my experience. The extraordinary publicity campaign...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Is it real news?? or MSM news??