Olivia Buckland EXCLUSIVE: Love Islander says show offered her 'psychological tests and counselling'

Mail Online | 3/19/2019 | Ellie Phillips For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/19/00/11161326-0-image-a-47_1552953773811.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/09/28/8111144585991338000/1024x576_MP4_8111144585991338000.mp4

She has previously spoken candidly about her struggle with anxiety and depression.

And, Love Island star Olivia Buckland spoke exclusively to MailOnline in the wake of Mike Thalassitis tragic death, revealing that she was offered psychological tests and counselling after appearing on the ITV2 show.

Blonde - Beauty - Love - Island - Health

The blonde beauty, 25, detailed her Love Island mental health after-care experience as she launched Superdrug's breast checking consultation service across the UK in association with CoppaFeel!

Olivia revealed that after appearing on the show and finding overnight fame with her now-husband Alex Bowen, she was offered a range of mental health support aids and is still regularly checked-in on by Love Island producers.

'I - Contact - Producers - Time - Tests

She said: 'I was in constant contact with the producers for a very long time. I got offered psychological tests when I got out. I got offered counselling when I got out. I got a list of agencies.

'Honestly, they really did look after me, and Alex. They always checked in with us, and I'm still good friends with them now. They checked in with me about the wedding.

Opinion - Experience - Alex - Support

'In my personal opinion, in my experience, I can't say that there is anymore that could have been done for me. But, I did come out with Alex next to me, so that was also a massive support.'

The television personality insisted that, while their support isn't forced upon you, 'Love Island is there for you if you need them.'

Comments - Stars - ITV2 - Reality - Malin

Her comments come after numerous former stars of the ITV2 reality show - including Malin Andersson and Dom Lever - slammed the after-care they experienced after Mike Thalassitis was found hanged on Saturday, but Olivia insisted to MailOnline that 'no-one is to blame.'

She said: 'In any situation regarding mental health, I don't think there's any single person to blame, there's always just gonna be more needed...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!