Leaving Neverland Director Wants to Do a Sequel About Michael Jackson's Trial

TVGuide.com | 3/18/2019 | Amanda Bell
Click For Photo: https://cimg.tvgcdn.net/i/r/2019/03/18/f01c5b14-cd34-47db-9d03-fe69dc84ff35/thumbnail/1300x867/64c45ed59c7b2e452ae55428ba2cd407/michael-jackson-reg.jpg

Dan Reed, the director of HBO's harrowing documentary Leaving Neverland, has revealed that there's another chapter in the history of Michael Jackson's alleged abuses against children that he'd like to explore next: the 2004-2005 trial and acquittal of the pop singer.

In a discussion with The Film Stage, Reed said that he is interested in exploring the details of the 2004-2005 jury trial, in which Jackson was found not guilty on all charges associated after being accused of molesting a then-13-year-old boy named Gavin Arvizo. One major factor in the potential documentary, however, is that Reed knows he'd need to include input from Arvizo and/or his family for the story to be complete.

Film - Trial - Michael - Jackson - Victim

"The film I would really like to make following this one is the trial of Michael Jackson. I could only do that if the victim and his family participate," Reed explained to The Film Stage. "If Gavin Arvizo and his family would agree to participate, I would very much like to tell the story of that trial. I think it's fascinating and astonishing that Michael was acquitted."

Arvizo has previously avoided public attention and press inquiries. A long-time friend of Arvizo's told The Wrap in March, "He doesn't really want to talk about it right now. He just wants to become a man...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVGuide.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!