YouTube demonetized my entire channel – and you won’t believe why

www.christianpost.com | 3/18/2019 | Staff
fufu-fefefufu-fefe (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://static-thechristianpost.netdna-ssl.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/03/230366.jpg

I was getting ready for my radio show on Monday when I spotted an announcement on the AskDrBrown YouTube channel. The entire channel – now, almost 1,600 videos – had been demonetized.

By now, I’ve been used to the constantly changing standards of YouTube, not to mention the non-existent customer service.

YouTube - Video - Day - Abortion - Day

I’m talking about YouTube approving a video one day that speaks out against abortion while telling me the next day that a generic video where I answer caller questions about the Bible is not suitable for most advertisers.

As I’ve written before, if it wasn’t so ridiculous, it would be funny.

YouTube/Google - Company - Guidelines - Way

And, to emphasize this once again, while YouTube/Google is a private company, they are obligated to abide by their guidelines and to enforce them in an even-handed and fair way. This they have not done.

So, what was the reason they demonetized my entire channel, robbing our non-profit ministry of income that goes straight back into our ministry work?

Steven - Crowder - Violations

Similar to what Steven Crowder has recently experienced, they claimed it was due to copyright violations.

But here’s the thing.

Handful - Videos - Music - Clip - TV

There are a handful of videos that we received notice about for using a music clip or TV clip that they claimed was not fair usage. But in each case, they made clear this was not a strike against us, that we were not in any trouble with them, and that there was nothing we needed to do.

In the end, a few of those videos were demonetized based on these alleged copyright violations.

End - Subject

End of subject.

No warning. No explanation. Nothing.

Checking - Channel - Content - Team - Channel

“Upon checking, your channel was demonetized due to re-used content. As much as I'd love to help, this has already been reviewed by our internal team and they’ve determined that your channel does not comply with the YouTube Partner Program terms. Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with specific details...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Do you exist for Something or Nothing?
Tagged: