What fulfills our hearts — and makes Jesus Happy

Ann Voskamp | 3/18/2019 | Staff
morica (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7901/46679759154_1fb8038dcd_b_d.jpg

I need to call myself a hypocrite. This day, I was stretched too thin and wasn’t offering the best me to my boys.

They were really getting to me and I just wanted to tuck them in and go have some peace and quiet.

Instinct - Flesh - Spirit - Bible - Story

Then they begged. My instinct in the flesh was ugh, no. But my spirit said yes to the Bible story request.But my spirit said yes to the Bible story request.

As I picked up their Bible, The Beginner’s Bible, I realized it was a little rough around the edges – literally.

Book - Spine - Bullet - Place - Noah

Most of the book was broken away from the spine. A nerf bullet place marked Noah’s Ark on page 26. A favorite story of theirs. Memorized for sure. Pictures included. A story so significant and relevant to them – even in their school days.

“The people kept doing bad things, and they forgot about God. Except Noah. Noah loved God.”

Talks - Kids - School - Words - Adults

It’s just like our talks. Kids at school are saying bad words when no adults are around.

I remind them to choose wisely, even if the kids make you feel as though you are the only one not saying them. Jesus knows what you say even when I don’t. Please don’t make Him sad. Be like Noah, he was the only one who wasn’t being bad.

God - Everyone - Noah - Noah - Plan

“God was sad that everyone but Noah forgot about him. He told Noah about his plan to start over.”

I think this reminder was for me and my attitude. Start over. Check.

Ark - God - Noah - Family - Ark

“Make yourself an ark,” God said. “Here’s how.” So Noah and his family began working on the ark.

Our ark right now, the impossible school project. Sure, we have vague instructions and active imaginations. But really?! I’m not crafty or a good builder, or handle their frustration from failed attempts very well.

I wonder if there is commentary anywhere...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Ann Voskamp
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: