Goodbye Facebook

internetmonk.com | 3/17/2019 | Chaplain Mike
Sugar12 (Posted by) Level 4
I made a decision today that’s been a long time coming. I’m quitting Facebook.

It was not an easy decision, hence my hesitation and delay over the past couple of years. But last week the balance tipped, the straw broke the camel’s back, and I arrived at the end of my rope when Facebook was used by a white anti-immigrant terrorist to broadcast a live streamed video of mass murder in Christchurch, New Zealand.

Horror - Era - Media - Racism - Massacre

The horror was designed specifically for an era that has married social media and racism — a massacre apparently motivated by white extremist hatred, streamed live on Facebook and calculated to go viral.

I can no longer support or participate on a platform that is incapable of stopping the dissemination of such evil. And this is not the first occasion social media has been in the spotlight for its inability to police their platform, though it certainly marks a new and alarming low in graphic possibility.

Privacy - Concerns - Propagation - News - Misleading

So, amid privacy concerns, the propagation of fake news and misleading and deceptive content, the use of social media to unfairly influence political discourse and even elections, as well as the mind-boggling amount of sheer foolishness, narcissistic blather, and time-wasting distractions, now we are treated to the possibility that our eyes will not, cannot be shielded from gunmen with helmet cams mowing down people in cold blood.

I know, I know. This is not the whole story....
(Excerpt) Read more at: internetmonk.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Merry Christmas! It's not just for December any longer!
Tagged: