Lilly Singh Officially Becomes the Only Female Late-Night Host on a Major TV Network

POPSUGAR Entertainment | 3/16/2019 | Chanel Vargas
marked (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/ltjA8ikOIvb3sVtxTR70XP-YQTc/fit-in/1200x630/filters:format_auto-!!-:strip_icc-!!-:fill-!white!-/2019/03/15/807/n/1922283/1b90d15f5c8bed4f70a686.79439112_.jpg

In a special announcement on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon on Thursday, Canadian YouTube comedian Lilly Singh revealed that she will be hosting her own show on NBC called A Little Late With Lilly Singh! It's about time network TV made room for a new late-night host, no?

"Ya girl is getting her own NBC late-night show!" Singh announced, officially making her the only female late-night host on a major television network. Singh will add some much-needed diversity to the late-night television community as an Indian woman, as well as a member of the LGBTQ+ community.

Show - Singh - Fallon - Kind - YouTube

When asked what the new show will be like, Singh jokingly told Fallon it will be "kind of like my YouTube channel, but just, you know, now I have more than three staff members." Singh — also known by her loyal YouTube community as Superwoman — joined the video platform in 2010 and has since amassed over 14 million subscribers — a following most first-time late-night hosts could only dream of having. "I'm so excited because I truly get to create a show from scratch," Singh told Fallon. "I get to make it inclusive, I get to create comedy segments, and interview people, and really create something that I believe in, and I'm so honored and humbled, truly."

Related:

Singh - Time - Interview - Fallon - Hosts

Singh also took the time during her interview with Fallon to thank all the female late-night hosts who came before...
(Excerpt) Read more at: POPSUGAR Entertainment
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: