Weekly Meanderings, 16 March 2019

Jesus Creed | 3/16/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/40/2018/06/Screen-Shot-2018-06-22-at-6.19.39-AM-300x300.png

Thought I’d start this Meanderings with some good ol’ southern living:

And you thought your devotion to your local Cracker Barrel or Waffle House is impressive? Meet Diana and Ron Watson, a couple who have been eating at the same Texas Roadhousethis link opens in a new tab in Wichita, Kansas six days a week since 2004. The chain, headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky is a nationwide eatery featuring steak and comfort food in a Western-inspired ambience.

Years - Lights - Duo - Wichita - Eaglethis

After 15 years of dining under the neon lights, the duo knows what they like. As The Wichita Eaglethis link opens in a new tab reported Diana’s go-to is the chopped steak with sautéed onions and mushrooms and a baked potato, no salt. Ron goes for the barbecue chicken breast or the pork chop, paired with mashed potatoes and brown gravy. They both order salads; a house salad — hold the tomatoes —and Ranch dressing for her, and an iceberg lettuce salad with Italian dressing for him.

“We don’t get bored with it. And you can get everything off the menu. They’ll fix it the way you want to. You don’t have worry about something,” says Diana in a video interview with The Wichita Eagle. “We love this place. We get good service, good food, good price, you can’t beat it,” Ron adds. Watch the full clip below.

Links - Weeks - Weeks - None - Folks

Before moving forward, as I have said often, some of these links — some weeks most, other weeks none — come from folks sending me links. Kris is #1 in suggesting links, and #2 is JS… but JS has asked me not even to giving him the customary HT. That’s fine, so every now and then I’ll say this.

What about the students in the news about parents bribing schools and officials to admit students?

Response - Scandal

said in response to the scandal. “If...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Jesus Creed
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: