A Reflection (Guest voices Leilani Mueller)

Eidos | 3/16/2019 | Staff
cyanbyte (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/169/2016/11/photo-1474244037712-b4ba4128170f_opt.jpg

I asked for guest voices and I got …awesomeness. Today we hear from Leilani Mueller.

Leilani Mueller is the wife to Nathan, a philosopher and mother to Felicity and Gabriel with one more inside. She writes, thinks, teaches, directs, and tries to live an examined life.

Son - Attention - Room - Spring - Weather

My son laughs easily and it engulfs the attention of the room like fair spring weather after the cold.

I think I blinked, because next week he will be sixteen months. Sixteen months can change your life, which isn’t profound to say even if it is the length of my son’s life. After all, any space of time where what is normal shifts, accomplishes change. Yet, even now I can’t help but wonder where is the girl who studied in Oxford, and shared a house with roommates inLa Mirada, and had no real concept that someday she would have three kids?

Kids - Girl - Plans - Ones - Elders

I have three kids: A little girl who negotiates plans, reminding me that little ones always model their elders, a little boy who laughs, and one more still inside and unknown.

Three weeks ago, my son learned to walk. With arms spread out for balance, he toddles, large smile on his face and determination in his steps. I love his walking—when I enter a room that he is in, he runs to me, laughing. Or sometimes, since he is still little, he crawls, laughing and smiling. I am uncertain which I like better: the walking or the crawling.

Moments - Moments - Moments - Moment - Lake

These moments seem like THE moments. The moments like the moment beside Lake Windermere, two summer ago, when Nathan and I had unpressured time to explore the North of England—my son was there too, only he was inside then, and I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Eidos
Wake Up To Breaking News!