Beto’s 2020 Announcement Was So Bad That Even Late-Show Hosts Roasted Him for It

Conservative Tribune | 3/15/2019 | Ben Marquis
jenny124124 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/ORourke-presidential-campaign-announcement.jpg

Former Texas congressman and failed Senate candidate Robert “Beto” O’Rourke made it official on Thursday — he will be seeking the Democratic presidential nomination in 2020 to challenge President Donald Trump for the White House.

The announcement came via a brief video posted to social media that featured O’Rourke excitedly proclaiming his candidacy while his wife sat beside him on the couch, and while the news may have elicited cheers from O’Rourke’s core of supporters, it drew groans and mockery from just about everyone else.

Daily - Wire - O'Rourke - Announcement - Fashion

The Daily Wire reported that one of those who mocked O’Rourke’s announcement in hilariously brutal fashion was late-night comedian and “Tonight Show” host Jimmy Fallon, who went over the top in playing up O’Rourke’s excessive use of his hands while speaking and exceedingly optimistic tone when speaking about, well, everything, no matter the significance.

“Hi, I’m Beto O’Rourke and I’m excited. That’s it. I’m just excited,” said Fallon as O’Rourke. “Oh yeah, I’m also running for president of the United States.”

United - States - Arms - Motion - Wife

“I love the United States, and I love running,” he continued, flailing his arms in a running motion with his “wife” on the couch next to him holding on for dear life. “In fact, I literally just ran eight miles to get here.”

“Folks often say to me, ‘we don’t know much about you, Beto. We know you ran against Ted Cruz in Texas; we know you’re hot’ — and then usually the ‘hot’ thing comes up again,” he said.

O'Rourke - Chance - Nomination

Do you think O'Rourke has zero chance to win the Democratic nomination in 2020?

Yes No

Poll - Tribune - News - Updates - Charge

Completing this poll entitles you to Conservative Tribune news updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

In reference to the common question “who’s the real Beto O’Rourke,” Fallon joked that he was...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Conservative Tribune
Wake Up To Breaking News!