Moza Air 2 Review: The Best Value Gimbal for Videography Enthusiasts

MakeUseOf | 3/15/2019 | Joel Lee
fufu-fefefufu-fefe (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://static.makeuseof.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/moza-featured-1-994x400.jpg

Our verdict of the Moza Air 2:

The Moza Air 2 is heavy and lacks travel portability, but it's well-designed and delivers great performance. It's an excellent choice for getting the most value per dollar spent on a prosumer gimbal.

Buttery - Videos - Options - Video - Tripod

If you want to shoot buttery smooth videos, you have two practical options: either buy a fluid-head video tripod for stationary pans and tilts, or buy a gimbal stabilizer for capturing motion without any shakes or bobs.

Gimbals once cost an arm and a leg if you wanted one that was worth using. Now? You can get professional quality gimbals for way under $1,000—or in the case of the Moza Air 2, only $599. Compare that to its main competition, the DJI Ronin-S ($749) and the Zhiyun Crane 3 LAB ($899).

Gimbal - Quirks - Price - Moza - Air

This gimbal has a few minor quirks, but for what you get for the price the Moza Air 2 is an absolute steal. Here’s an in-depth look. Note, I used a Panasonic G85 with 12-35mm f/2.8 lens and a Canon 60D with Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 lens for this review.

Moza Air 2: What’s Included?

Price - Moza - Air - Package - Everything

Given the low price of the Moza Air 2, I was expecting the standard package to skimp on everything beyond the actual gimbal. Well, I was wrong—and pleasantly surprised. Here’s everything included in the box:

The second quick release plate ended up being a huge convenience, allowing me to swap the gimbal between cameras within seconds, save for some minor rebalancing due to the weight difference in my two camera setups.

Additional - Moza - Accessories - Package

Additional Moza accessories that aren’t included in the standard package:

It definitely feels like something you paid good money for. While it isn’t fully metal, I wouldn’t blame you if you thought it was. The buttons, dials, and latches are sturdy and well-made, reassuring me that this thing won’t fall apart even under...
(Excerpt) Read more at: MakeUseOf
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Do you exist for Something or Nothing?