Richard Pryor's Wife Jennifer Lee Says Late Comedian Wasn't Gay — But 'Had Dalliances' with Men

PEOPLE.com | 3/15/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2019/03/pryor-1-1.jpg?crop=0px,0px,1708px,896.7px&resize=1200,630

Over 18 years after Richard Pryor died of a heart attack while suffering from multiple sclerosis, new secrets about the late comedian continue to pour out from the people who knew him best.

Last year, Quincy Jones said in a bombshell interview that Pryor had a slept with Marlon Brando, an assertion that his wife Jennifer Lee Pryor later said was true. (Richards’ son Miko disputed the claim.) In a new documentary titled I Am Richard Pryor, Jennifer — who discusses their whirlwind romance in an exclusive PEOPLE clip — dives deeper into Richard’s life.

Affair - Dalliance - Brando - Men - Jennifer

“It certainly wasn’t an affair, it was a dalliance with Brando, as he had with other men,” Jennifer, 79, clarifies to PEOPLE. “Richard wasn’t gay, he just had dalliances. He preferred women over any other kind of experience, but he wasn’t loathe to have those experiences.”

Richard joked about engaging in oral sex with men during his standup act, and wrote about a weeks-long romance he had with a transgender woman in his autobiography Pryor Convictions: And Other Life Sentences. “That actually went on for a couple of weeks, which was a long time for Richard at that point,” Jennifer says. “Richard didn’t have any shame about it.”

Jennifer - Richard - Friend - Decorate - Northridge

Jennifer met Richard while helping a friend decorate his Northridge, California home. “I was vaguely aware of him as an artist and that he had a reputation of being very hard-edged,” she says. “But when I met this man, he was completely the opposite. He was vulnerable and sweet. There’s a Polaroid that a friend of his took of us [when we met] and you can see in that picture how smitten I am with him. I think I fell in love.”

The Superman III star married his third wife Deborah McGuire after meeting Jennifer, but that “didn’t deter me at all,”...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
The American Government, working tireless for everyone, except Americans.