Eating bones and brains saved me: Vegan gave up her plant-based diet because it was 'killing' her

Mail Online | 3/15/2019 | Vanessa Chalmers Health Reporter For Mailonline
malik778 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/15/10/11026710-0-image-a-6_1552644767721.jpg

A vegan has given up the plant-based diet that was 'killing her' to gorge on a meat-only diet consisting of brains, organs and bone marrow.

Alma-Jade Chanter, 25, had been a vegan since she was 13 years old after watching shocking videos by animal rights campaigners such as PETA.

Life - Sciences - Student - Bristol - Holland

The life sciences student, originally from Bristol but lives in Holland, took her diet further by only eating raw foods - fruit and vegetables.

Lacking in vitamins and minerals from other foods, her health failed so badly that her hair was falling out and she lost 22lbs (10kg) of weight.

Doctors - Diet - Periods - Disease

Doctors insisted she changed her diet when she lost her periods and was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease.

Her dentist even asked if she was drinking fizzy drinks for breakfast when her teeth 'snapped in half' from a lack of enamel.

Meat - Diet - Animal - Day - Ms

She began eating meat again at 19, and now, she eats a meat-only diet, consisting of up to 4.4lbs (2kg) of animal produce a day. Ms Chanter eats their brains, hearts, livers and bones a day, believing it is 'polite' to eat the whole animal.

Ms Chanter, now a masters student at Wageningen University in Holland, said: 'I was completely sucked into the narrative of veganism and bought it all entirely.

'But it was making me so ill and eventually I realised that I couldn't carry on because it was killing me.

'Within just a week of going carnivore I felt amazing, and for the first time in a long time my body was free of pain.'

Ms - Chanter - Dishes - Lamb - Brain

Ms Chanter, whose staple carnivorous dishes include poached lamb's brain and scrambled eggs with chicken hearts, said: 'I know it is extreme, but it is the most balanced I have ever felt.'

Ms Chanter, who visited raw fruit festivals as far away as the US and Spain and travelled to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!