Media Matters boss explains past degrading remarks after campaign against Tucker Carlson backfires

Mail Online | 11/14/2005 | Megan Sheets For Dailymail.com
Traight (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/14/22/11008712-0-image-a-19_1552604026635.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/10/25/2242765558936387864/1024x576_MP4_2242765558936387864.mp4

The president of Media Matters For America has explained the newly-unearthed inflammatory remarks he made on a college blog by saying that they were meant as satire and were born out of the relentless bullying he endured as a child.

The re-emergence of Angelo Carusone's degrading comments about 'jewry', 'trannies', 'Japs' and Bangladeshis on his old blog came after the liberal advocacy group he leads began publishing unflattering comments from Fox News host Tucker Carlson.

Sunday - Monday - Media - Matters - Transcripts

Over Sunday and Monday, Media Matters released 40 transcripts in which Carlson made a number of racist, sexist and misogynistic while appearing as a guest on the shock jock radio program 'Bubba the Love Sponge' between 2006 and 2011.

The Daily Caller, which Carlson founded, retaliated by trying to teach Carusone the age-old lesson that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Carusone - Comments - Statement - DailyMail - Com

Carusone addressed his comments in a statement to DailyMail.com on Wednesday.

'It's true: I wrote some gross things on my blog while I was in college,' he said.

Posts - Living - Life - Right-winger

'A few posts parodying living my life as if I were a self-loathing, bigoted Limbaugh right-winger.

'And every time Media Matters takes some meaningful action, some awful people bring it up to try to stop us. And every time, I will acknowledge that the writing was gross and apologize because the context only explains; it doesn't excuse.

Fox - News - Tucker - Troves - Bigotry

'But, Fox News (or Tucker) hasn't even acknowledged the troves of their own bigotry and misogyny, let alone apologized or corrected their behavior.

'These aren't one off comments from Fox News -- but a pattern of behavior stretching back decades and echoed in all of their work today. This pattern should serve as a major warning sign to advertisers -- that there will be more to come from them, because it's what they advocate for.'

Carusone - Background

Carusone provided some background on what...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.