This grooming collection uses activated charcoal to prevent and treat breakouts — and everything is under $8

Business Insider | 3/14/2019 | Amir Ismael
cobra662 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://amp.businessinsider.com/images/5c8687d42628983c2800b383-1920-960.jpg

Consumers are more conscious than ever about the food and the products they buy. Beyond the aisles of the grocery store, the shift toward natural ingredients and environmentally-friendly products is perhaps most evident in the skin-care industry. And it makes sense; people care about what goes both in and on their bodies, especially when most products are chock-full of harsh chemicals, parabens, phthalates, and ingredients you probably can't pronounce.

The average person's willingness to try safer alternatives has them turning to natural ingredients (some with questionable levels of effectiveness) to solve their woes — and activated charcoal is one of the most popular. You've seen it in everything from toothpaste and teeth whiteners to facial masks, body washes, and shampoos.

Man - Jack - Collection - Charcoal - Products

Every Man Jack is one of the latest to hop onboard with a collection of skin-clearing activated charcoal products — and they're all under $7. The collection includes face wash, face scrub, body wash, facial wipes, and even deodorant. You can read more about my experience with the products if you scroll down, but if you're interested in the science behind them, I spoke with a dermatologist to learn more about how and why activated charcoal works (or if it does at all).

How does activated charcoal work?

Dr - Hadley - King - Dermatologist - AcneFree

According to Dr. Hadley King, the consulting dermatologist for AcneFree, charcoal is known as a detoxifying ingredient because it has a strong negative charge, which allows it to attract and bind to excess sebum (oil), bacteria, and toxins, which usually have a positive charge. He explained to me that...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!