Interview: Kevin Feige Talks ‘Captain Marvel’ Spoilers, The Future of Goose, Stan Lee’s Tribute, and Disney+ TV Shows

/Film | 3/12/2019 | Peter Sciretta
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/Kevin-Feige-Captain-Marvel.jpg

A couple of weeks ago, I got an opportunity to chat with Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige about Captain Marvel. We discussed the Avengers: Infinity War after credits scene, if Captain Marvel was originally supposed to appear in that movie, how Carol’s powers won’t break the MCU, Stan Lee‘s tribute and cameo, the whereabouts of Goose, why Nick Fury hasn’t used the pager before Infinity War, and the upcoming live-action Marvel television series for Disney+.

Peter: Hello.

Kevin - Feige - Choice - Chairs - Goodie

Kevin Feige: You have your choice of chairs as well, either one. Whatever. What’s in the goodie bag? I don’t want to take up too much of your time.

Nothing cool. A Captain Marvel doll that is going to a friend’s kid.

No, you can keep it, don’t be shy.

Normally we ask you about all these things in the future and I know this time you really can’t answer a lot, so let’s talk about the past.

Okay

Okay, good.

When I was on the set of Infinity War, the directors (the Russo Brothers) said that Captain Marvel was in the movie. And then, like months later, they said that she wasn’t. So I’m wondering was there originally an appearance in Infinity War?

Moves - Time - Thought - Process - Movie

No. No, because we made those moves at the same time together. That might’ve been what they were referring to. Cause it was all the same, all the same thought process going on, but she was never in the movie.

Can you talk about how the mid-credits tag came later in the process? Because that becomes that device, the pager becomes a big part of this movie. How did that come about?

Time - Movies - Time - Movies - Time

Same time. We were developing the movies at the same time. We were shooting the movies at the same time. Not in the same place, because as you know, Infinity War was Atlanta and this was Los Angeles,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!