Arrow Season 7 Episode 15 Review: “Training Day”

TVOvermind | 3/19/2012 | Chris King
Click For Photo: https://www.tvovermind.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Arrow-7.15-Notes-and-Review.jpg

In past years, the midway point of Arrow seasons has always been a bit of mess. At best, it’s entertaining filler that provides some small but fun character moments; at worst, it’s an aimless slog that does nothing to add to the overall season arc and sticks our main characters with manufactured drama. That’s why these past three episodes of Arrow have been such an absolute delight, especially this week’s hour, “Training Day,” which not only gives all of the major players in the present, including Rene and Dinah, some compelling material but also solidifies the Queen sibling duo of William and Mia as one of my favorite aspects of the series. Who ever thought that I’d say I enjoy Arrow flashbacks or flash-forwards as much or more than the current-day storylines? But thanks to characters like William and Mia and performers like Ben Lewis and Katherine McNamara, I am more invested than ever in the future storyline, and I absolutely cannot wait to see what next week’s flash-forward-centric hour, “Star City 2040,” has to offer.

However, before we get to next week’s episode (and I have some thoughts on that promo, which I’ll talk about below), let’s first discuss this week’s installment. Perhaps the best part of “Training Day” is how its external conflict of Team Arrow adjusting to working with the SCPD forces the show’s characters to confront their internal conflicts. Oliver and Felicity are committed to creating a safer, better Star City for their soon-to-be-born child, but their nine-month time window has them acting a little more desperately than they usually would. “Regardless of whether we have a boy or a girl, I just want to make sure that he or she grows up in a better, safe Star City than I grew up in,” Oliver tells Felicity...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVOvermind
Wake Up To Breaking News!
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.