Tales of the Tape

SteynOnline | 3/12/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://www.steynonline.com/audio-video/379.jpg

I'll explain the above in a moment. But first...

I've had the pleasure of appearing on Tucker Carlson's Fox News show. But, even if I hadn't, I would watch it. It is by far the most interesting show on cable news. (Don't take my word for it.) By definition, that world's a hamster wheel - let's go live to a press conference, a House vote, a court verdict, a car chase - and much of it doesn't matter a week later, never mind a year or a decade. But night after night Tucker uses the small details of the day to paint the big picture of our times - Big Tech totalitarianism, the crisis of men in rural America, the cultural transformation of immigration, the death of the family, the hollowing out of communities... You can watch a nightly episode a year or two later and find things that resonate on topics that count.

Trump - Guy - Politician - Guy - Democrats

He's not particularly a Trump guy, because he's not particularly a politician guy, regarding the Democrats as deluded but determined and the GOP as stupid and craven. But, when it comes to the policies Trump ran on, Tucker is brilliantly effective - which is why his opponents want him off the air. As I've said on his show from time to time, the left doesn't want to win the debate, they want to cancel it. Because it's easier that way. They'll let you talk about immigration in partisan horse-race terms: the wall, the funding, the court ruling against the executive order... But to do it the way Tucker does - what's the purpose of mass immigration in an automated society with no jobs for the men who are already here? who does it benefit? why are formerly cohesive communities coming apart? - the left wants to shut down...
(Excerpt) Read more at: SteynOnline
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Democrate or Republican, the difference is less than the thickness of a cigarette paper, or a slice of pastrami at a delicatesean.
Tagged: