Three are killed and four others rushed to hospital after triple-vehicle crash

Mail Online | 3/13/2019 | Sophie Law For Mailonline
xxlauzyxx (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/12/21/10906204-0-image-a-22_1552427250173.jpg

Three people have been killed and four others rushed to hospital after a triple-crash in Scotland.

Emergency services rushed to the mass pile-up on the A90 between Aberdeen and Dundee at Glenbervie.

Police - Crash - Coach - Cars - Commuter

Police described the crash, between a coach and two cars, as 'serious' as the commuter route was shut in both directions.

More than 20 firefighters arrived and had to cut four people free from their vehicles.

Casualties - Aberdeen - Royal - Infirmary - Ambulance

One of the casualties was airlifted to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary while the other three were taken by ambulance.

The bus driver suffered minor injuries but none of the coach passengers were hurt during the crash.

Motorist - Jillie - Aitchison - Aid - Scene

Motorist Jillie Aitchison, 45, who stopped to give first aid at the scene, told Northsound radio: 'It was absolute carnage.

'I stopped my car along with other first aiders to help.'

Police - Spokesman - Southbound - Carriageway - Evening

A police spokesman said the southbound carriageway had been 'obstructed', according to the Evening Express.

She said: 'We received the call at 4.40pm regarding a collision on the A90 north of Laurencekirk.

Road - Directions - Diversions - Place - A92

'The road is currently closed in both directions and diversions are in place via the A92.

'The public are advised to avoid the area and seek an alternative route.

Road - Inspector - Stewart - Mackie - 'This

Road policing chief inspector Stewart Mackie said: 'This has been a challenging incident for the emergency services to deal with and my thoughts...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!