I'm A Celeb bosses 'aren't worried' about a potential ratings dip when Ant McPartlin returns

Mail Online | 3/13/2019 | Andrew Bullock For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/12/19/10897784-0-image-a-17_1552418812309.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/01/23/421378774621048081/1024x576_MP4_421378774621048081.mp4

I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! producers have insisted that a potential dip in ratings this year doesn't faze them, after the record-breaking 2018 season was such a hit with viewers.

Last season saw Holly Willoughby replace Ant McPartlin, who had to sit the show out for the first time in wake of his personal problems - with Holly's opening episode drawing the long-running reality show's highest viewing figures to date.

Holly - Declan - Donnelly - Treat - Fans

Holly's pairing with Declan Donnelly went down a treat with fans of the show, which eventually saw Harry Redknapp take the title of King Of The Jungle.

The show's launch episode peaked at an audience of 11.9million.

BAFTA - Masterclass - Monday - Night - Creative

Speaking at a BAFTA Masterclass on Monday night, Creative Director Richard Cowles said: ‘We love what Holly did, but we’re very much looking forward to Ant coming back and I think it’s going to be an amazing series.

This comes after Ant and Dec were left off the Royal Television Society Programme Awards nominations for the first time in nine years last week.

Presenting - Duo - Fixture - Awards - List

The presenting duo, both 43, have been a firm fixture on the awards list for just shy of a decade, with the 2019 noms cutting them off before the 10-year mark.

It's presumed that this is due to events from the last two years, which have seen Ant sporadically take time away from his presenting duties to battle a painkiller addiction, drink driving charges and a messy divorce.

Break - Show - Ant - Dec - Saturday

The most recent break saw their show Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway go on hiatus for 2019, and Ant sitting out of I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! 2018, with Holly Willoughby replacing him.

Despite their long-standing placement on the nominations list, Ant and Dec have only won three RTS Awards - in stark contrast to their 35 National Television Awards, the latest of which...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Hell sometimes looks an awful lot like an office cubicle.