David Cameron given standing ovation as he ends final PMQs with emotional speech

mirror | 9/16/2015 | Mikey Smith
marika (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article8411650.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200/Applaud-PMQS.jpg

Click For Video: http://brightcove04.brightcove.com/34/4221396001/201607/2514/4221396001_5033604128001_5033582884001.mp4

David Cameron finished his final Prime Minister’s Questions to roars and applause as he exits the House of Commons chamber, shaking the hand of Speaker John Bercow.

But only one side gave him a standing ovation - the government benches.

Labour - SNP - Commons - Convention - Stood

While Labour and the SNP clapped, breaking Commons convention, few stood in honour of the PM who cut so much from public services.

In an emotional final speech, he said: “I will miss the roar of the crowd. I will miss the barbs of the opposition.

“But I will be willing you on.

“People come here with huge passion and issues they carry.

Love - Constituencies

“They come here with great love for the constituencies they represent.

“We can be tough and test our leaders perhaps more than other countries but that’s something we should be proud of and keep at it.

Service - Interest

“The public service, the national interest - that’s what it’s all about.

“After all, as I once said, I was the future once!”

Quote - Words - Nature - Tony - Blair

It’s a powerful final quote - referencing his famous words of the same nature when Tony Blair left.

Mr Cameron waved to his wife Samantha and children Florence, Nancy and Elwen in the public gallery as the session finished.

PMQs - Response - Question - Leader - Jeremy

Earlier in PMQs, in response to a question from Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, Mr Cameron paid tribute to the support he had received from his family during his time in office.

For most, this PMQs was an opportunity to pay tribute to Mr Cameron's time as Prime Minister in a knockabout session filled with laughter.

Jeremy - Corbyn - Questions - Time - Leader

But Jeremy Corbyn made clear he intends to add plenty more questions to the 180 he has so far notched up in his time as leader, despite the looming Labour leadership election.

That did not stop Mr Cameron mocking the embattled Labour leader, who yesterday secured his place on the party's ballot paper without signatures of support from his...
(Excerpt) Read more at: mirror
Wake Up To Breaking News!