Sunday Talks: Andrew McCabe Shocked Over Manafort Prison Sentence…

The Last Refuge | 3/10/2019 | sundance
SweetStuff33 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/the-scheme.jpg

The primary ‘spygate” architect appears on CBS with Margaret Brennan to share his reaction to the sentence of Paul Manafort for tax fraud. Andrew McCabe said he was ‘shocked’, ‘s.h.o.c.k.e.d‘, that Manafort was not given a life sentence.

Transcript - MARGARET - BRENNAN - FBI - Director

[Transcript] MARGARET BRENNAN: We’re back with former acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe. He is the author of a new book, The Threat: How the FBI Protects America in the Age of Terror and Trump. Good to have you here.

ANDREW MCCABE (Former Acting FBI Director/The Threat): Thanks so much for having me.

MARGARET - BRENNAN - News - Week

MARGARET BRENNAN: I want to start you off on some of the news of the week.

ANDREW MCCABE: Okay.

ANDREW - MCCABE

ANDREW MCCABE: That’s right.

MARGARET BRENNAN: –twenty-plus years? Is the length of time he will serve matching the crimes he’s being accused of?

ANDREW - MCCABE - Well - Sentence - Sentence

ANDREW MCCABE: Well, I was really surprised by the sentence he was given. I think it’s an incredibly lenient sentence in light not just of the– of the offenses he was convicted for but the additional offenses that he has pled guilty to in DC and the offenses he’s acknowledged, essentially, in the sentencing process in Virginia, that he is res– responsible for. So like most people I was shocked by how lenient the sentence was.

MARGARET BRENNAN: So it sounds like you’re predicting that the DC court may add to those forty-seven months?

ANDREW - MCCABE - Question - Time - DC

ANDREW MCCABE: Well, there’s no question he’s going to get additional time from DC. I don’t think it’s probably the– the job of the DC courts to rectify a mistake or– or something that was done in another jurisdiction. I’m sure that Judge Jackson will approach her sentence with just keeping our eye on the facts of that case but there’s no doubt he’ll get additional time from that process.

MARGARET BRENNAN: In your book The Threat you write about some of the President’s...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Last Refuge
Wake Up To Breaking News!