‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Unwittingly Promotes the Bible’s Sexual Ethic

The Aquila Report | 3/8/2019 | Staff
Traight (Posted by) Level 3
In no uncertain terms, the viewer is made aware that Mercury’s life has become a bacchanalian pursuit of pleasure. And that pursuit, the gay lifestyle, was his undoing – his enemy. On the flipside, the filmmakers make sure to highlight the path that he should’ve taken. A path of traditional sexual ethics and marriage.

I recently watched Bohemian Rhapsody over the course of two evenings. Not so much for myself, although I was mildly intrigued when the movie was first released. I watched it because my thirteen-year-old daughter who is really into music and considers herself a fan of Queen wants to watch it. Knowing a little about the movie and a lot about Freddie Mercury, I wanted to give it a parental viewing before saying “yay” or “nay.” Most likely, after having watched the movie, my answer will be “nay.” If she were a couple of years older, I would allow her to watch it in order to have a conversation with her. For all its artistic and moral flaws, Bohemian Rhapsodyunwittingly supports a Biblical sexual ethic. In doing so, it turns the gay lifestyle into the movie’s “bad guy.”

Songs - Rhapsody - Queen - Band - Adam

Known for several hit songs, most notably “Bohemian Rhapsody,” Queen was a great band (still is, I guess, since they’re touring with Adam Lambert as their lead singer). Freddy Mercury was a brilliant singer and showman. He’s arguably the greatest rock vocalist that’s ever lived. The band’s performance at Wembley Stadium for Live Aid is considered by many to be the greatest live rock performance of all time. While videos don’t do concerts justice, the videos on YouTube of that show provide a sense of Mercury and his bandmates’ power and artistry. As you’ve probably already figured out, like my daughter, I’m a fan of Queen.

Freddie Mercury is also a gay...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Aquila Report
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.
Tagged: