Arrow Season 7 Episode 14 Review: “Brothers and Sisters”

TVOvermind | 3/19/2012 | Chris King
Zorra (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://www.tvovermind.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Arrow-7.14.jpg

After a three-week break and following an episode that revealed that Katherine McNamara’s Blackstar is actually Mia Smoak, this week’s family-centric hour of Arrow, appropriately titled “Brothers and Sisters,” continues the CW series’ hot streak. The episode provides viewers with a couple surprising twists, an (apparent) character death that is long overdue, and some wonderfully satisfying emotional moments. While I am intrigued with the reveal that Emiko is playing Oliver and working with Dante (although I still don’t exactly know or truly care who Dante is) and I am so very happy that Ricardo Diaz is dead (at least I hope he is, but honestly, he’s probably still alive given this tweet), what I enjoyed most about this week’s Arrow were the smaller, more intimate scenes, particularly between Oliver, Felicity, Diggle, and Black Siren but also between William and Mia as well.

Let’s begin with the last of these exchanges: Felicity sharing the news with Oliver that she’s pregnant and Oliver figuring out this information just a couple seconds before she outright says it, pretty much as soon as she uses the word “children.” It’s a great scene for numerous reasons, from Stephen Amell perfectly capturing Oliver’s mind slowly but surely connecting the dots to the fact that the writer’s chose to have Oliver be speechless, showing that he’s overwhelmed with emotion but also emphasizing the fact that what Felicity just said before, the words before she uttered, “I’m pregnant,” are significant enough to stand on their own. “What our family needs is a fresh start, one in the light, like you’re doing,” Felicity says to Oliver. “I want our children to know that they are the most important thing to us and that we would do anything, anything, for them.” That statement from Felicity carries more weight than the reveal...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVOvermind
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Is it real news?? or MSM news??