Captain Marvel Seems to be Turning Into the next Solo

Sparta Report | 3/7/2019 | Doomberg
urbanpatrioturbanpatriot (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://www.spartareport.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/captain-marvel.jpg

Reviews have been coming in for Captain Marvel, and even the ones that rate the movie highly have been critical of the film in between the opening and closing sentences.

No review, however, encapsulates the problems with the movie so nicely as National Review’s. While I usually dislike linking NRO, in this case, I’ll break my self-imposed rule:

Captain - Marvel - Blockbuster - Movie - Idea

Captain Marvel might be the first blockbuster movie whose animating idea is fear. Every page of the script betrays terror of what people might say about the film on social media. Give Carol Danvers a love interest? Eek! No, women can’t be defined by the men in their lives! Make her vulnerable? OMG, no, that’s crazy. Feminine? What century are you from if you think females should be feminine? Toward the end of the movie, when a villain preparing for an epic confrontation with Carol, the fighter pilot turned Superwoman, chides her that she will fail because she can’t control her emotions, there is no tension whatsoever....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Sparta Report
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Nie wieder, unelected bureaucrat's running our country
Tagged: