Michael Bloomberg Passing on 2020 Election

Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion | 3/5/2019 | Kemberlee Kaye
dorkyrocker (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Michael-Bloomberg-LI.jpg

Michael Bloomberg released a statement Tuesday saying he would not be throwing his hat into the 2020 candidacy ring, but he is launching a new environmental campaign — Beyond Carbon, which he hopes will result in the shuttering of all coal-fired plants over the next 11 years and the eventual eradication of fossil fuels as an energy source.

From his statement, published at Bloomberg:

Way - Country - Sleeves - Work

I’ve come to realize that I’m less interested in talking than doing. And I have concluded that, for now, the best way for me to help our country is by rolling up my sleeves and continuing to get work done.

Here’s one way I’ll do that. In 2011, following the failure of cap and trade legislation in Congress, I teamed up with the Sierra Club on a campaign called Beyond Coal. By organizing and mobilizing communities affected by the harmful pollution of coal-fired power plants, we have helped close more than half the nation’s plants — 285 out of 530 — and replaced them with cleaner and cheaper energy. That was the single biggest reason the U.S. has been able to reduce its carbon footprint by 11 percent — and cut deaths from coal power plants from 13,000 to 3,000.

Steps - First - Support - Beyond - Coal

Now, I will take the next big steps. First, I will expand my support for the Beyond Coal campaign so that we can retire every single coal-fired power plant over the next 11 years. That’s not a pipe dream. We can do it. And second, I will launch a new, even more ambitious phase of the campaign — Beyond Carbon: a grassroots effort to begin moving America as quickly as possible away from oil and gas and toward a 100...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A man rises to the greatness that is expected of him.