The Color Of Hope

Kristen Welch | 3/5/2019 | Kristen
Click For Photo: http://wearethatfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Hi0Q1Y0U-1-600x400.jpeg

We talk a lot about the color of hope at my house.

Black used to be my favorite color to wear and my house was mostly white. It’s timeless and always in style. I still love the look of neutrals, but once I fell in love with hope, it colored my life.

Home - Life - Rainbow - Y'all

Now, my home and life are a freaking rainbow, y’all.

Let me explain. I wrote these words on this blog in 2011, about six months after we started Mercy House Global…back in the early days when we have 4 products our teen moms made and I filled most of the orders.

Orders - Night–it - Colors - Products - Kenya–they

I was filling a few orders the other night–it was late and I was tired, but that’s when I noticed the colors of the first products we made in Kenya–they were dark and drab. I just assumed the varnish coating muted the colors of the paper and gave our fair trade products a dark tone. But after asking, I learned the teen moms chose the colors from magazines.

Something deep within me began to stir as I pulled the older product from the back of the shelf. I lined them up next to the newer items. The difference was unbelievable.

Hope

I didn’t realize what hope could do.

My oldest child opened the door to the garage. She found me in tears. She wasn’t surprised (what can I say? This is emotional business).

Mom - Article - Color - Colors - Inside

She said, “Mom, I was just reading an article about how color affects us. It was saying that we choose colors based on how we feel and what’s happening on the inside.”

My eyes pooled and I heard the soul-whisper: This is...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Kristen Welch
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: