Friend of Kate McCann slams retired police chief

Mail Online | 3/6/2019 | Bhvishya Patel For Mailonline
sheenabeanna (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/05/20/10619910-0-image-a-2_1551818747815.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/03/05/5813954614379037370/1024x576_MP4_5813954614379037370.mp4

A family friend to Kate McCann has slammed claims made by a top superintendent that the story around her disappearance raises 'red flags'.

In a podcast by 9 News, retired superintendent Peter MacLeod cast doubt on the logistics of an abductor theory and said it would have been 'difficult' for a kidnapper to have entered the Praia da Luz apartment as three-year-old Madeleine slept.

Friend - Family - Allegations - Suggestion - Madeleine

However a friend of the family refuted the 'spurious allegations' and the suggestion that Madeleine's parents, from Rothley, Leicestershire, had anything to do with her kidnapping.

The former police chief's comments came during any interview with Australian journalist Mark Saunokonoko.

Podcast - Maddie - Police - Chief - 'The

During the podcast, titled Maddie, the retired police chief said: 'The window is only an absolutely maximum 50cm wide, in reality 46 wide, and it's already a metre off the ground.

'I had a look at that and my shoulders are wider than that little window. So although you could climb in sideways you certainly can't jump in if you are a normal sized person.

Hold - Windows - Hold - Things

'I frankly do not think it's possible. It would be difficult enough to get yourself in. You'd have to grab hold of windows, grab hold of things.

'Then you've got to pick up a child without waking it up without waking the other two children. I do not think it can be done, or let me put it another way, I do not see how anyone could do it.'

The...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!