Captain Marvel will contain emotional tribute to the late Stan Lee

CNET | 3/4/2019 | Gael Fashingbauer Cooper
Mijac (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet1.cbsistatic.com/img/LKQ8unth0vzH0JaJ7BZf7JP4sXg=/2018/09/18/13ceb1d1-e09d-4acd-8242-f68c53b16a28/captain-marvel-glow-shot.png

Who's the captain now? If you watched the post-credits scene in Avengers: Infinity War, you know it's Captain Marvel (Brie Larson). And thanks to two action-packed trailers, we know *a lot* of info awaits us -- head to the plot section below for more on those details, and head to our sister site GameSpot for theories on how Carol Danvers will save us all.

It can be tough to stay on top of the latest buzz about this much-anticipated film. Below are three of the latest bits of news.

Marvel - Comics - Leader - Stan - Lee

Marvel Comics leader Stan Lee died in November 2018 at age 95, but he won't be forgotten in the company's films. Lee is famous for making cameo appearances in Marvel's movies, but his appearance in Captain Marvel will be even more special.

"I don't want to say anything I'm not supposed to say, but ... we did want to kind of have a moment and tribute to Stan Lee in this movie, obviously," director Anna Boden told Metro. "It was something that came from Marvel and when they showed it to us, there was not a dry eye in the house. It was really emotional."

More powerful than Thanos?

Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige recently told Cosmic Book News that Captain Marvel is the most powerful character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Characters - Comics - Characters - Comics - Character

"She's one of the most popular characters in our comics, she's one of the most powerful characters in the comics, and will be the most powerful character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe," Feige said.

He went on to say that introducing Larson at San Diego Comic-Con was one of the highlights of his career.

Foreshadowing - Audiences - Brie - Character - Captain

"I was a great foreshadowing of not just for how audiences are going to embrace Brie as this character, but also for how Captain Marvel is about to take the lead and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!