DI LEO: AMERICA SLIDES TO THE DEPTHS OF YET ANOTHER SLIPPERY SLOPE

Illinois Review | 2/25/2019 | Staff
josh567 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.illinoisreview.com/.a/6a00d834515c5469e20240a440bfb5200c-600wi?&imgtype=.jpg

By John F. Di Leo -

Reflections as the abortion lobby reaches its ultimate logical conclusion...

Moment - Childhood… - Shock - Story - Newspaper

There’s a moment I recall from childhood… long ago… when I reacted in shock at some horrible story in the newspaper (The Today? The Daily News? I don’t recall. Chicago had more newspapers then)… only to see my mother unexpectedly shake her head in resignation, as if to say it wasn’t that unusual at all, and she said, “There is nothing new under the sun.”

In some areas, of course, the goal is indeed for there to be something new… inventors, entrepreneurs, artists, problem-solvers all hope to come up with something new, rather than repeating what has come before. But by contrast, the sort of things that make it into a big city paper are generally things that you don’t want more of; you want less of them.

Day - Story - Twist - Government - Overreach

Every day, you hope not to become more jaded, more depressed, or more sickened by another story that brought a new twist to government overspending, to regulatory overreach, to family tragedies, to the urban crime that never seems to let up.

Every day, we see the reports, and we pray that the evils of the past will end for good… and we pray that we won’t be shocked by another mass murder, another terrorist attack, another sellout by members of government, another infringement upon our liberties by the very people hired to protect them.

Things - Vengeance - Policy - Choices - Government

Tragically, however, some of the things we think were gone for good do indeed return with a vengeance, too often because of conscious policy choices by a severely misguided government agency or political faction.

Measles, polio, and tuberculosis were ended in America… then we threw open the borders and threw out the old health checks for immigrants. All of a sudden, there are cases of these diseases...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Illinois Review
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't touch that, you don't know where it's been.