Colorado wrestler, 18, forfeits two state tournament matches against girls due to his religion

Mail Online | 3/3/2019 | Lauren Fruen For Dailymail.com
magiccastlemagiccastle (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/03/00/10504386-0-image-a-15_1551571792152.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/03/02/6405024019179942879/1024x576_MP4_6405024019179942879.mp4

A Colorado wrestler forfeited two state tournament matches against girls due to his religious beliefs, ending his high school career in the sport.

Brendan Johnston, 18, pulled out of his match against Skyview High senior Jaslynn Gallegos in the first round of the tournament last month.

Classical - Academy - Colorado - Springs - Junior

The senior at the Classical Academy in Colorado Springs then decided against playing junior at Valley High Angel Rios in his third-round consolation match.

He said the move - which ended his high school wrestling career - was down to his religious and personal beliefs.

Brendan - Christian - KDVR - 'It - Lady

Brendan, who identifies as Christian, told KDVR: 'It's so physical, physically close. I don't think that's really appropriate with a young lady. It's also very aggressive and I'm not really, I guess, comfortable with that.'

He added: 'There is something that I really do find problematic about the idea of wrestling with a girl, and a part of that does come from my faith and my belief.

Part - Women - Experiences - Things

'And a part of that does come from how I was raised to treat women as well as maybe from different experiences and things.

'I don’t think that I am looking at them as not equal. I am saying that they are women and that is different than being men, because I do believe that men and women are different and we are made differently.

'But - Women

'But I still believe that women are of equal...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
To despair is to turn your back on God, you can never despair.