Andrew McCabe’s Media Tour Confirmed The FBI Had No Basis For Investigating Trump

The Federalist | 2/27/2019 | Jason Beale
Traight (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://thefederalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/andrewmccabe2.26.jpg

For those of us who have yet to be convinced that our president is a compromised traitor operating as an agent of the Russian Federation, the occasional appearance of someone actually familiar with the investigation is a welcome respite from the incessant bombardment of “How guilty is he?” segments brought to us by our friends in the cable news industry every day for the last two years.

Every report of another campaign or administration official called to a special counsel interview instantly generates the production of completely unbiased, objective analysis from the CNN and MSNBC crowd: “Donald Trump cannot be happy with this one—he knows where all the bodies are buried”; “She knows everything that went on with the campaign—Trump’s got to be seething about this”; “If you’re Donald Trump, the last guy you want to see walking into that interview is this guy—he’s got nothing to lose and everything to gain by telling the truth.”

Crowd - Walls - Assertions - Bases - Anyone

It’s all inevitably topped off with a crowd favorite: “The walls are really starting to close in now.” While I suppose these hyperbolic assertions are catnip to their respective demographic bases, they’re not particularly helpful to anyone interested in a fact-based assessment of what to expect from the hopefully imminent Mueller report.

So when we’re given an opportunity to hear from someone new—someone with unique insight into the origins of the investigation and the evidence that drove the decision-making in those early days—we pay attention. Such was the case when former acting and deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe took the stage last week, making the rounds of cable and network television shows to promote his new book, “Establishing the Narrative: Getting Ahead of the Investigation Into My ‘Lack of Candor’ and Making Some Money While I’m At It.”

McCabe - Tour - Boss

McCabe’s tour was preceded by that of his former boss,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Federalist
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.