After Spike Lee’s Anti-Trumper Oscar Speech, NY Radio Host Tweets Pic Spike Has To Hate

Conservative Tribune | 2/26/2019 | Cillian Zeal
chrismpotts (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/spike-lee-for-feb.-26-newer.jpg

Spike Lee won an Oscar on Sunday, although it wasn’t quite the award he had wanted to take home.

The controversial auteur was favored by many to take home Best Director for “BlacKkKlansman.” As it was, he had to settle for Best Adapted Screenplay, which still marked his first competitive Oscar win.

Spirit - Career - Time - Stage - Rant

And, in the spirit of his career, he turned his time on stage into a rant on America, black history, his own history and Donald Trump.

“Before the world tonight, I give praise to our ancestors who have built this country into what it is today along with the genocide of its native people,” Lee said, according to a transcript of his speech from The Washington Post.

Ancestors - Love - Wisdom - Humanity - Moment

“We all connect with our ancestors. We will have love and wisdom regained, we will regain our humanity. It will be a powerful moment.

“The 2020 presidential election is around the corner,” he continued. “Let’s all mobilize. Let’s all be on the right side of history. Make the moral choice between love versus hate. Let’s do the right thing! You know I had to get that in there.”

Trump - Name - Point - Lee - Side

Now, he didn’t mention Trump by name, but the point was clear: Lee is on the side of “love,” Trump...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Conservative Tribune
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sometimes I Wake Up Grumpy. Other Times I Let Her Sleep